[mapserver-users] Projection problems

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Jan 7 14:57:45 EST 2011

On 11-01-07 02:40 PM, Jeff McKenna wrote:
> On 11-01-07 10:49 AM, Jan Hartmann wrote:
>>
>> Yes, the transformation to WGS84 for the Dutch coordinate system
>> ("Amersfoort", "Rijksdriehoeksnet) is still *not* part of the latest
>> PROJ4 release (4.7.0, downloaded yesterday).
>
> I have requested many changes to the EPSG 'geodetic dataset' throughout the
> years, so maybe I can give you some advice:
>
> - enter your change request through a form on the EPSG site:
> http://www.epsg.org/Comms/Comment.asp
> - it may take upto one year for the change to be accepted by the EPSG group and
> included in the next EPSG geodetic dataset
> - you will get an email from the EPSG group once that happens
> - however it will take much longer for software that uses EPSG codes to update
> their own releases with those new EPSG codes (this includes PROJ, QGIS, MS4W,
> etc.)
>
> Hope that sheds some light on the issue for you.

Jeff,

I think Jan's concern is that the transformation does exist in EPSG but
is not reflected in the last PROJ.4 release.  I believe this is fixed
in CVS and I really just need to push out a new PROJ.4 release reasonably
soon.

Jan - I'd appreciate it if you could confirm that:

   http://svn.osgeo.org/metacrs/proj/trunk/proj/nad/epsg

has the right value.

Best regards,