[mapserver-users] Re: Mapserver ./config with with httpd executable

Toomas Aas toomas.aas at raad.tartu.ee
Wed Jan 26 02:49:50 EST 2011

> gregcorradini wrote:
>> configure: checking HTTPD server (Apache) version...
>>         using user-supplied httpd (/etc/init.d/apache2)
>>         /etc/init.d/apache2 version is  ().

I think configure wants to see the actual Apache executable, but you
have pointed it to the init script which is used to launch the
executable. This doesn't work. Look inside the /etc/init.d/apache2
script with a text viewer to see which executable it launches, and
point configure to that.

--
Toomas Aas