[mapserver-users] [SOLVED] Mapserver ./config with with httpd executable

Puneet Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 09:00:36 EST 2011

gregcorradini wrote:
> My apache2 executable is not called httpd but rather apache2 and is located
> in /usr/sbin. I'm not sure if this is because apache2 is a newer version, or
> the package installer defaults to this naming, or it's a Ubuntu Linux thing.

Probably a package installer or Ubuntu thing. I installed Apache 2 from
source code, and my apache executable is called httpd and is in
/usr/local/apache2/bin

Generally, stuff under /usr/sbin is installed by the system, and
generally, we mortals don't touch that stuff lest we feel endless pain.

As I said, I stay away from package managers as they can hit us up with
unpleasant surprises.

--
Puneet Kishor