[mapserver-users] Re: GD rendering: polygons vs lines

Lime, Steve D (DNR) Steve.Lime at state.mn.us
Thu Jan 27 03:01:43 EST 2011

To clarify GD is not being removed. It's still alive and kicking. It's just more isolated now. That is, AGG doesn't need GD in 6.0 like it has in the past. AGG, GD, Cairo all exist as rendering peers. We have stripped back the GD functionality to be just 8-bit output though. That's what it's good for.

So, rendering issues with GD are and will be of concern. You might try a 6.0 build and see if that helps at all. Much of the rendering behavior is much more consistent across renderers thanks to Thomas' work.

Steve