[mapserver-users] Installing PHP MapScript with MapServer 6.0.0-3 and PHP 5.3.6 on Mac OS X 10.6.8

Ben Madin lists at remoteinformation.com.au
Mon Jul 4 11:35:08 EDT 2011

Léo,

My guess is that your php.ini doesn't load the php_mapscript.so library. There was a mention somewhere when installing the current update that this doesn't happen (and you can't dl() it anymore);

so you need to go to the /usr/local/php5cgi/lib directory, and edit php.ini.

somewhere (anywhere!) you need to add the line :

extension=php_mapscript.so

(I personally put it below the line that loads ming.so so I remember where to look)

Then put a file with

<?php
phpinfo();
?>

into your server root and execute it and you should end up with :

MapScript

MapServer Version	MapServer version 6.0.0 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=KML SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=AGG SUPPORTS=CAIRO SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=ICONV SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER SUPPORTS=SOS_SERVER SUPPORTS=THREADS SUPPORTS=GEOS INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE
PHP MapScript Version	($Revision: 11619 $ $Date: 2011-04-27 08:23:07 -0700 (Wed, 27 Apr 2011) $)

I don't think it will show using php -m

cheers

Ben