[mapserver-users] Example of GPSBabel outputformat wanted

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Wed Jul 6 08:35:25 EDT 2011

Hi,

After reading some Mapserver, GDAL and GPSBabel documents I have a feeling that it should be possible to reach pretty amusing results with Mapserver WFS and ORG output. For example it looks possible to do WFS GetFeature request and get back POIs which could be installed directly into Garmin handheld GPS units.
[1] http://mapserver.org/trunk/output/ogr.html
[2] http://svn.osgeo.org/mapserver/trunk/msautotest/wxs/wfs_ogr.map
[3] http://gdal.org/ogr/drv_gpsbabel.html
[4] http://www.gpsbabel.org/htmldoc-development/fmt_garmin_gpi.html

I wonder if someone has a working example about some OGR/GPSBabel driver based outputformat section of a mapfile like the ones in document [2] to be used as an template. The syntax is not very clear for a firsttimer.

-Jukka Rahkonen-