[mapserver-users] Re: Font rendering in MapServer 6.0

thomas bonfort thomas.bonfort at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 14:37:30 EDT 2011

We've kept the GD renderer in 6.0 for some marginal use cases, but the
preferred way is to switch to AGG rendering (which is compiled in by
default): you can use the builtin png8 imagetype (mimetype: image/png;
mode=8bit) which does a quantization step if you need a 256 color
paletted image.

The easy solution is to remove all your outputformat blocks from your
mapfile, and call your server with FORMAT=image/png or image/png;
mode=8bit , and setting your map imagetype to png or png8.

As for this GD rendering bug, the easy first step is be to open a
bug-report. The harder second step is to get someone motivated to look
into it if you cannot provide a patch.

regards,
thomas