[mapserver-users] elevation DEM color ramp map file

John Callahan john.callahan at udel.edu
Tue Jul 19 14:17:33 EDT 2011

I'm just curious but does anyone know of Mapserver .map files, or color map
text files, with classes designed for a elevation DEM?  Or possibly a list
of color ramps that work well for DEM maps? I read that GRASS had some
predefined templates for applying color to DEMs and wondering if Mapserver
has a similar thing, perhaps shared on a wiki or other site.  The DEM I'm
working with now has low relief, from -5 meters to about 150 meters, however
a general method or set of map files that can be applied to a range of DEMs
could be helpful to many.  Does something like this exist?  Thanks.

- John

John Callahan, Research Scientist
Delaware Geological Survey
University of Delaware