[mapserver-users] how to serve base map data (in CADRG) using Map server and WMS

jk jk.chen at sdl.usu.edu
Wed Jul 20 17:49:11 EDT 2011

Hi,

I'm new to mapserver and map in general. I'm also new to mapfile.

 I am assigning a task to serve our map data (tons of files, in CADRG and
CIB, with a proprietier programming access methods), using the Mapserver
and WMS.

Can anyone describe ideas how to do it, ie serving our base map via
mapserver in WMS.

Is this done via mapfiles? or do I need to write a php script to parse WMS
parameters and invoke our access methods and serve the tiles directly from
the php script, without use of map files.... ?

Your ideas and insights are very much appreciate.