[mapserver-users] Question: loadWeb(): Unknown identifier. Parsing error near (ms_tmp):(line 36)

Mihaela Caluian mihaela.caluian at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 00:14:20 EDT 2011

Hello everybody,

I am very new to MapServer and I have a lots of problem that I cannot find
answer.

Currently I am having trouble to figure out what is wrong with my .map
files. I am getting this error when I try to click the button to load the
map file:

loadWeb(): Unknown identifier. Parsing error near (ms_tmp):(line 49)
msOutputFormatValidate(): General error message. OUTPUTFORMAT png has
IMAGEMODE RGB/RGBA, which is not supported for GD drivers.

When I installed for the first time MapServer everything works, but I had to
reinstall it and I cannot even see my work now.

I am using Windows Vista and MapServer MS4W - MapServer 4 Windows - version
3.0.3: (This is my first time when I am working with MapServer, actually I
am learning it.)

The map file that I tried to open is:

MAP
  NAME "Rail"
  # Map image size
  SIZE 600 400
  UNITS meters
  EXTENT -132.193287 28.711430 -50.854471 74.207982
  FONTSET 'c:/wwwroot/fonts/fontset.txt'
  SYMBOLSET 'c:/wwwroot/symbols/symbols.txt'
  PROJECTION
    'proj=longlat'
    'ellps=WGS84'
    'towgs84=0,0,0,0,0,0,0'
    'no_defs'
  END
  # Background color for the map canvas -- change as desired
  IMAGECOLOR 255 255 255
  IMAGEQUALITY 95
  IMAGETYPE png
  OUTPUTFORMAT
    NAME png
    DRIVER 'GD/PNG'
    MIMETYPE 'image/png'
    IMAGEMODE RGBA
    EXTENSION 'png'
  END
  # Legend
  LEGEND
      IMAGECOLOR 255 255 255
    STATUS ON
    KEYSIZE 18 12
    LABEL
      TYPE BITMAP
      SIZE MEDIUM
      COLOR 0 0 89
    END
  END
  # Web interface definition. Only the template parameter
  # is required to display a map. See MapServer documentation
  WEB
    # Set IMAGEPATH to the path where MapServer should
    # write its output.
    IMAGEPATH "\ms4w\tmp\ms_tmp\"
    # Set IMAGEURL to the url that points to IMAGEPATH
    # as defined in your web server configuration
    IMAGEURL "/ms_tmp/"
    # WMS server settings
    METADATA
      'ows_title'           'Rail'
      'ows_onlineresource'  '
http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=C:/wwwroot/assignment3/rail.map'
      'ows_srs'             'EPSG:4326'
    END
    #Scale range at which web interface will operate
    # Template and header/footer settings
    # Only the template parameter is required to display a map. See
MapServer documentation
    TEMPLATE 'rail.html'
  END
  LAYER
    NAME 'Rails'
    TYPE LINE
    DUMP true
    TEMPLATE fooOnlyForWMSGetFeatureInfo
  EXTENT -132.193287 28.711430 -50.854471 74.207982
    DATA 'C:\wwwroot\assignment3\rails.shp'
    METADATA
      'ows_title' 'Rails'
    END
    STATUS DEFAULT
    TRANSPARENCY 100
    PROJECTION
    'proj=longlat'
    'ellps=WGS84'
    'towgs84=0,0,0,0,0,0,0'
    'no_defs'
    END
    CLASS
       NAME 'Rails'
       STYLE
         WIDTH 2
         COLOR 146 154 155
       END
    END
  END
END

Please, if somebody can help me I will really appreciate. I tried so many
times and now I really don't know what to do more.

Thanks.