[mapserver-users] Re: map server a tile server

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Tue Jul 26 23:17:13 EDT 2011

On 7/26/2011 5:53 PM, jk wrote:
> Does the tile-mode support WMS syntax of addressing scheme? The document
> mentions Google and Virtual Earth, but not WMS addressing scheme.

I would not use mode=tile as it is very limited and does not do any
caching and does not support metatiles so it has a lat of labeling
issues. It was originally implemented to allow Google Maps API users to
use mapserver to generate overlay tiles, but mod_geocache does a better
job of that now and handles translating multiple different tile request
protocols to a single cache of tiles.