[mapserver-users] Possible tile_map_edge_buffer issue

forums forums at craniumjuice.com
Thu Jul 28 10:28:36 EDT 2011

I was just about to post this EXACT same issue.  I have discovered
something else though.  I can force a feature and git to show up where
the other missing data is.  It shows up on tile=0+1+2  Also If I view
the map as mode=map, it works fine, I see my YellowDot and my actual
data from my data source.

LAYER
        NAME "YellowDot"
        STATUS DEFAULT
        TYPE POINT
        FEATURE POINTS -100 20 END END
        CLASS
            STYLE
                SYMBOL "circle"
                SIZE 30
                COLOR 255 255 0
                OUTLINECOLOR 255 0 0
            END
        END
END

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 9:18 AM, Charlie Allgrove
<charlie.allgrove at connectionservices.com> wrote:
> Hi
>

> I have an issue when using tile_map_edge_buffer functionality with mode=tile
> on a Google map view which displays the whole world at zoom 0,1 or 2. It
> probably manifests itself at higher zoom levels, but will be less obvious
> (if at all) since I'm only rendering data over land.
>

> In my map file I have (amongst others)
> WEB
>
>     METADATA
>
>         "tile_map_edge_buffer" "32" # 32 pixel rendering buffer
>
>         "http_max_age" "86400"
>
>     END
>
>   END
>

> My development code is not on a publicly available server at the moment, so
> I can't post a link but when I am looking at a Google map at zoom levels 0,1
> or 2, the tiles consistently cut off approx half-way across the USA (see
> attached screenshot).
>
> It seems that {tile=0 1 2} does not render with the buffering enabled, since
> the buffered area extends effectively to a negative tile reference {-1 1 2}
> which is illegal.
>

> Is there any way around this - is it possible only to enable the buffer for
> zooms >=3?
>

> Cheers
>

> Charlie
>

> --
>
> Charlie Allgrove
>
> Senior Developer
>

> Connection Services :: Business Mobility for a Wireless World
>

> Connection Services Ltd is a company incorporated under the laws of England
> and Wales with company number 6520674 whose registered office is at Griffins
> Court, 24-32 London Road, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 1JX. The information in
> this e-mail and any attachments is confidential and may be legally
> privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee or addressees. If you
> are not an intended recipient, please delete the message and any attachments
> and notify the sender of misdelivery: any use or disclosure of the contents
> of either is unauthorised and may be unlawful. All liability for viruses is
> excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. Any views expressed in this
> message are those of the individual sender. In accordance with the
> provisions of its Terms of Business the Company does not accept instructions
> or the creation of contractual obligations by unconfirmed electronic
> transmission.

A computer without Windows is like chocolate cake without mustard.