FW: [mapserver-users] display labels as an integer instead of scientific notations [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Kathleen Hirst K.Hirst at bom.gov.au
Thu Jul 28 20:56:55 EDT 2011

Hi Mark,

You can use an OGR connection for formatting of number fields when labelling in MapServer version 5.x. I think you need GDAL 1.6 or later.

For example with a shapefile called test.shp with a field, testfld1, you can do the following to show only two decimal places.

LAYER
   ..
   CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
   CONNECTION "test.shp"
   DATA "select CAST(testfld1 AS numeric (4,2)) from test"
   ..
   CLASS
       TEXT ([testfld1)]
       LABEL