[mapserver-users] Fwd: Tile of tiles with tif images

Juan Carlos Fuchs fuchs.juancarlos at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 10:47:50 EDT 2011

 Subject: Tile of tiles with tif images
Dear Gentleman:

Situation
We have a collection of images tiled with re-tile.py.
each record of our .dbf points to a diferent part of one tiff image.

Now we want to put them together (the Tiles),
 say, first,  all the tiles from the images of the same province,
 and later, all the tiles from the provinces of the same projection.

when we run tile4ms we get the following weird error
Aborted. Unable to open
DBF:/home/jfuch/public_html/wms/Fase8/cbers-2b-cordoba-laborde-168-b-137-4-02-may-09-img-img-tif

If we get things right, each record in our tile file point to a different
part of one tiff image, but the shp file has an geometric extend for each
image
so, why didn´t this work??

Is there an other way to get an accelerated access to very huge tiffs file,
sprengled over an big extension?

Thanks in advance
Cheers
JC