[mapserver-users] Fwd: Tile of tiles with tif images

Mark Korver mwkorver at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 11:09:46 EDT 2011

As Steve noted, if the input is TIF, then you prob want to be using
gdaltindex rather than tile4ms.

> Now we want to put them together (the Tiles),
>  say, first,  all the tiles from the images of the same province,
>  and later, all the tiles from the provinces of the same projection.

when  re-tile.py does it's work it knows nothing about what province
some TIF is in.  For you to be able to calculate all the tiles that
are in the .dbf that are in some province, and I assume you are
talking about the shapefile index produced when using retile.py, you
would need to do a spatial query against that dbf using some political
boundary polygon.

Still, I am not sure what the goal here is.  are you trying to re-tile
a set of TIFs to create a new group of tiles per province?