[mapserver-users] Google tile schema to coordinates conversion

Armin Burger armin.burger at gmx.net
Fri Jun 10 11:43:27 EDT 2011

Hi all

I would like to set up a scripting solution based on MapScript that
replies correctly to requests using the Google tile schema x+y+z. Does
anybody know a formula how to transform the XYZ request values to
bounding box coordinates in the Google Spherical Mercator projection?

I know that Mapserver CGI offers the tile mode for this. It works very
well, but I would need a Mapscript solution for more flexibility of the
request handling.

Any hint appreciated

Armin