[mapserver-users] Re: MapServer Fails

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Jun 10 13:31:41 EDT 2011

On 11-06-10 01:00 PM, SixDegrees wrote:
> I'm using PROCESSING "SCALE=AUTO". I don't have my mapfile available at this
> location, but I can access it on Monday.
>
> I'm not seeing as much output as you've indicated. Where is this being
> output? On the command line when mapserv is called with a query string? Or
> in the log file?

Paul,

I generated that adding the -all_debug 5 commandline switch to shp2img.
But with mapserver it would be accomplished by setting the DEBUG level
(on at least the LAYER) to 5.  The debug output can go several places.

You can set the the following in your MAP object to ensure that debug
output goes to stderr.

CONFIG  "MS_ERRORFILE" "stderr"

More details on debug output at:

   http://mapserver.org/development/rfc/ms-rfc-28.html