[mapserver-users] GetCoverage pops up to download mapserv.exe

Mark Phillips mbp at geomtech.com
Sat Jun 11 18:03:30 EDT 2011

Assuming your cgi-bin directory is properly configured to run mapserv.exe as
a cgi executable, rather than serving it as a static file, this is probably
the result of mapserver encountering a problem and delivering an error
message to the browser, probably in the form of an xml response, and what is
happening is that the browser is confused about the mime type of the
response.  Try saving the file and viewing it with an editor; you'll
probably find an error message in it.