[mapserver-users] Unable to render a raster with 4 bands

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Jun 15 10:54:44 EDT 2011

On 11-06-10 09:24 PM, jt2000 wrote:
> I have a GRD raster that I'm trying to show on the map using mapserver.
> Currently I'm getting all transparent output.
>
> I've converted it to TIF using gdal_translate and it converted fine.  I also
> used shp2img to convert to png without any issues.

> Band 1 Block=1293x1 Type=Byte, ColorInterp=Red
>    NoData Value=0

> What do I need to change in the map file to make this work?
> I have tried PROCESSING "SCALE=0,0.00305185094759972" to see if that would
> help.

jt2000,

You don't provide your LAYER definition so there isn't much to go on.
What I can say is that based on the debug output the layer is being
rendered and it would seem there was at least some overlap of the data
file with your map area.

I do not know why you are using a SCALE processing option.  The imagery
is already 8bit, not floating point, so there should be no need to
dramatically rescale.

Don't worry too much about the debug output about NODATA value 0 being
ignored.  At worst this should mean that nodata areas will actually
be drawn.  It should not mean that things show up transparent when they
are not.

Best regards,