[mapserver-users] Rasters

afarrell afarrell at imgs.ie
Thu Jun 16 06:37:45 EDT 2011

Hi,

I've converted some 8 bit rasters to GeoTIFF format and spherical mercator
projection using FME.
I'm getting large blue edges where the tiles meet:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23077047/Misc1use/rasters.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23077047/Misc1use/rasters.jpg

In ArcGIS the tiles appear seamless.

Is this because MapServer do not support the nodata tiff tag, as it is not
officially part of the geotiff standard
(http://www.awaresystems.be/imaging/tiff/tifftags/gdal_nodata.html). I
do not believe there is a problem with the files we are writing, as other
applications (e.g. ArcCatalog) pick up on the nodata value just fine.

Another potential solution is to add an alpha band to the raster instead of
a nodata value. Do you think MapServer will support this?

Would using ecw images resolve the issue?

Here is an excerpt of the MapServer file:

	# Web interface definition. Only the template parameter
	# is required to display a map. See MapServer documentation
	WEB
    		IMAGEPATH "C:/ms4w/tmp/"
    		IMAGEURL  "C:/ms4w/tmp/"
  # WMS server settings