[mapserver-users] Rendering artefacts when serving raster via WMS

John Westwood John.Westwood at port.ac.uk
Thu Jun 16 10:55:24 EDT 2011

Hi Steve

Yes, the images are requested as tiles. I should probably try a standard
(whole image) request or try shp2img to eliminate that possibility. The
requesting software is OpenLayers. The website is using GeoWebCache to
cache the tiles, but the test image supplied went directly from
MapServer to OpenLayers.

I probably won't have time to look at this again until next week. I will
keep the list up-to-date with my progress.

John Westwood

>>> "Lime, Steve D (DNR)"  15/06/11 4:24 PM >>>
>From the sample it almost looks like the mapserver.jpg is the result of
two images being overlayed either on the server (by mapserver) or in the
client. The artifacts look like there's an offset applied to one of them
because of the parallel lines. How are the images managed (perhaps as
tiles)?

Steve