[mapserver-users] Rasters

Annette Farrell AFarrell at imgs.ie
Thu Jun 16 12:43:01 EDT 2011

Many thanks for the quick response.

Using the alpha band resolved the issue.  The rasters display
seamlessly.

What format of rasters would you recommend in terms of performance and
size?
Most people are using virtual servers now and want to use ecw images
instead of geotiffs due to the size on disk of the images.

Or do most people cache rasters using Kamap for example which means the
native format of the raster is redundant.
I'm concerned about the size of the cached data and it would be best to
connect to the rasters directly if they perform.

Thanks,

Annette