[mapserver-users] Mapserver 6.0 WMS

Chris Green chris.green at ibstv.co.uk
Thu Jun 16 14:42:50 EDT 2011

Hi List

I am in the process of upgrading from Mapserver 5.4 to 6.0 , running under
Ubuntu 10.04. However I am struggling with the more stringent requirements
in Mapserver 6.0 when running as a WMS server. I can see the principles
applied in  http://mapserver.org/MIGRATION_GUIDE.html#migration, but can't
find  ticket 1088 or any other documentation to show me how to ensure that
the various parameters like FORMAT and STYLES are delivered in the way that
Mapserver 6.0 now requires before it will accept a GetMap request.

As things stand I can't get past the error message "msWMSGetCapabilities():
WMS server error. WMS request not enabled. Check wms/ows_enable_request
settings"

Can someone point me in the right direction here?

Chris