[mapserver-users] "Low-resolution" raster image problem when using Openlayers

kensei3000 kensei3000 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 26 23:36:33 EDT 2011

Hi!

I am trying to use MapServer as a WMS layer in Openlayers. I setup the MapServer in our server machine, using my own PC as the test client. I created a simple .map file in our server that contains one raster image. Using the mapserver tool 'mapserv' in a URL string, I was able to load the output map with full resolution correctly in a browser (Google Chrome). However, when I tried to load the map using a simple Openlayers script (HMTL) which I created on our server (accessible via browser), the map image appeared to have a much lower-resolution (i.e. 256-colors only) and was pixelized. Also, I could see white lines representing the tile edges of the map.

I did another test. This time, I installed MapServer in my own PC. I created a .map file similar to the one I used in our server, with the same raster image. I created a similar Openlayers script (HTML) in my own PC, but this time it would call the MapServer from my own PC. I loaded the script using a browser and the image displayed correctly with full resolution.

Does anyone have an idea what the problem could be?

I would appreciate any help in this matter.

Thanks in advance! :)