[mapserver-users] EPSG:42304 -> EPSG:3978? or 3979?

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Wed Jun 29 16:34:23 EDT 2011

Hello Joanne,

Yes, in fact it was me who submitted the custom NRCan EPSG:42304 Lambert
Conformal Conic projection to the OGP Geodetic Subcommittee. I submitted
it around January of 2009, and it was accepted around June of 2009.
They informed me that they added EPSG:3978 and EPSG:3979 accordingly.

Since then I have repeatedly asked NRCan to update their Atlas services
for these accepted EPSG codes, to no success.  However I have noticed
that these new EPSG codes are available in most software now, and that
make me very happy :)

Hopefully this little info help you.

-jeff

--