[mapserver-users] Client-side applications for visualizing mapfiles

Jackson, John jxjackso at franklincountyohio.gov
Mon Mar 7 08:17:11 EST 2011

The "best choice" depends on what you're trying to do.

Personally, I'm working up a mapserver project with a ka-map (http://ka-map.maptools.org/) front-end.
Ka-map works well for me since it's pretty easy to point to a working mapserver .map file. (just change config.php)

As for tutorials, there are some on mapserver's site. Also, if you're using postgis as a data store, they have some pretty good tutorials in their documentation.

Hope this helps.

--John Jackson
--Deputy Auditor, Franklin County Auditor's Office.