[mapserver-users] Production mapserver

Smith, Michael ERDC-CRREL-NH michael.smith at usace.army.mil
Mon Mar 21 16:32:34 EDT 2011

Jeff,

For the WMS Benchmarking effort, we used the FastCGI library from
http://www.fastcgi.com.

It is the mapserv executable that you will call via fastcgi.

We set up a separate fcgi-bin path for mapserver with fastcgi. That is not
actually required. The URL here would be
http://server/fcgi-bin/mapserv?map=XXX

Our apache setup looked like this

ScriptAlias /fcgi-bin/ "/opt/mapserver/fcgi-bin/"

<Directory /opt/mapserver/fcgi-bin/>
   SetHandler fcgid-script
   Options +ExecCGI +FollowSymLinks
   # Customize the next two directives for your requirements.
   Order allow,deny
   Allow from all
</Directory>

<IfModule fcgid_module>
  FcgidInitialEnv LD_LIBRARY_PATH
/usr/lib64:/usr/lib:/usr/local/lib:/opt/mapserver/lib:/oracle/instantclient_
11_2
  FcgidMinProcessesPerClass 0
  FcgidIdleScanInterval 1
  FcgidProcessLifeTime 10