[mapserver-users] Why is LAYERS parameter required in GetFeatureInfo

Bart van den Eijnden bartvde at osgis.nl
Thu May 5 05:59:46 EDT 2011

The WMS spec does say it is required:

7.3.3.4	map_request_copy
<map request copy> is not a name/value pair like the other parameters. Instead, most of the GetMap request parameters that generated the original map are repeated. Two are omitted because GetFeatureInfo provides its own values: VERSION and REQUEST. The remainder of the GetMap request shall be embedded contiguously in the GetFeatureInfo request.

Best regards,
Bart

--
Looking for flexible support on OpenLayers or GeoExt? Please check out http://www.osgis.nl/support.html