[mapserver-users] Template for itemquery - GeoMoose

Stephen Knox stephenknox73 at gmail.com
Thu May 5 16:12:49 EDT 2011

Hi Mapserver List!

I'm wondering if any of you can help me with a problem I'm having with
GeoMoose, using Mapserver. I am using the latest version of Geomoose
(2.4RC1) and Mapserver 5.6.3 (packaged for Fedora 14).

My issue is when I carry out a query in Geomoose. I have set everything
there up according to the docs, and submitted info to the mailing list, so
hopefully it's all correct. From what I can gather, the problem is when the
php script calls:

$queryLayer->queryByRect($queryLayer->getExtent());

In the Apache log, this returns

msPostGISLayerResultsGetShape: Assertion `layer->layerinfo != ((void *)0)'
failed.

and the mapserver log says:

getSymbol(): Symbol definition error. Parsing error near (per_ttw_lu):(line
320) [per_ttw_lu is the name of my field. It is definitely there as I use it
in an identify query, and I can map the Mapserver layer fine]

I'm convinced this is something to do with the template - GeoMoose does
something non-standard with Mapserver templates, and the template is
specified in the METADATA for the layer. But, from the debugging I've done
in PHP, the template seems to be properly specified - it is specified using
itemquery itemquery_template.html in the METADATA tag. I'm not sure I've got
the right markup in the template though - currently it is:

<!-- MapServer Template -->
[errmsg]

Can anyone help me with this, or help me to debug it better.

Thanks

Steve