[mapserver-users] Arrowhead in Mapserver 6.0

thomas bonfort thomas.bonfort at gmail.com
Fri May 6 04:58:51 EDT 2011

vector symbols are ill-defined by nature in mapserver, especially if
you are using negative values and single points like you are.

more precisely, you should *never* use
-99 -99
x y
-99 -99
as in that case you are drawing a line with a single point which will
be rightfully discarded by cairo and agg, whereas gd will render a
single pixel.

A vector symbol that should work should be

POINTS
0 0
1 0.5
0 1
END

But I would strongly recommend that you use a truetype symbol for arrowheads:

SYMBOL
  TYPE TRUETYPE
  FONT sans
  CHARACTER '>'