[mapserver-users] Layer rendering performance problem

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Thu May 12 08:58:00 EDT 2011

On 11-05-11 9:59 PM, Ben Madin wrote:
> I'm not sure whether it is still the case, but it used also to be that
> if you wanted to use the index, you need to name the shapefile without
> the .shp extension. If you used the .shp extension it wouldn't use the
> .qix index.
>
> So maybe this is a question - Is that still the case?

Hi Ben,

This is documented at:
http://www.mapserver.org/utilities/shptree.html#mapfile-notes

"Note: As of MapServer 5.2 the qix will be used even when the .shp
extension is specified"

PS. this is why I always push the documentation team/developers to
record the version number the change applies to, directly in the document.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/