[mapserver-users] Rendering Challenges - GEOMTRANSFORM

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Thu May 12 11:08:20 EDT 2011

Steve,

   Thanks to your patch I was able to render thick lines inside polygons
(http://i56.tinypic.com/1z347yq.jpg).

The solution of using a STYLE with GEOMTRANSFORM got me thinking of
using the technique to solve some of the labeling challenges:

2. Place polygon annotation on/inside boundary line
(http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/ticket/1592 point 8.)
     - label the line geometry resulting from  GEOMTRANSFORM
(buffer([shape], -3)) of the original polygon

5. Place line anno above (or below) when using ANGLE FOLLOW
     - label the line geometry resulting from GEOMTRANSFORM
(buffer([shape], 5)) of the original line

Currently the LABEL object uses the original geometry.  Do you think it
would be possible to [optionally?] use the GEOMTRANSFORMed geometry?

   Similarly, would it be possible to have the LABEL's convex hull (or a
buffer the character boxes?) used as a clipping polygons of the layer's
geometry to address:

8. Erase layer's geometry (but not other layers) under label
    - possible syntax:  GEOMTRANSFORM ( clip( [labelpoly] ) )

Your thoughts?

--
Best Regards,
Brent Fraser