[mapserver-users] Problem scaling symbols (ships) to their real size

Jana Golinowski jgolinowski at codematix.de
Mon May 23 03:12:34 EDT 2011

Hi list,

in our current project we need to display symbols for ships in real size at a
certain scale. To realize this we use SYMBOLSCALEDENOM. The sizes of the ships
are in meters and requesting that layer via WMS in a metric system (like
EPSG:31467) gives us the results we want.

Our Problem appears when requesting the layer in a system like EPSG:4326 (degree
units). In that case the symbols are quite huge.

Is there a way to get those symbols scaled to the correct real size in both
kinds of reference systems?

Greetings, Jana.