[mapserver-users] Controling the amount of concurrent GetMap requests

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Thu May 26 14:57:26 EDT 2011

On 5/26/2011 12:52 PM, Asad Ullah wrote:
> List,
>
> Does anybody know how to control number of concurrent GetMap requests in
> MapServer?

You can't do this within mapserver because each instance of mapserver is
not aware that there are any other instances running. Presumably, you
would have to look at Apache or IIS and see what controls there are to
limit concurrent requests to a URL or something like that.

I more basic question in my mind is what do you want to happen if this
limit is exceeded. What would you expect the user experience would be if
you were to make a limit+1 request? would it get rejected, queued up
until another request finished?

Anyway probably not a mapserver question other than to say mapserver
does not do this.

-Steve W