AW: [mapserver-users] Re: Reaspect?

Eichner, Andreas - SID-NLKM Andreas.Eichner at sid.sachsen.de
Thu Nov 3 03:18:45 EDT 2011

The WMS standard was written this way to support display devices with
non-square pixels. So it seems to me that you don't want to use a WMS
service. You should really consider using MapServer with "mode=map".
This mode is more appropriate for custom web applications while the WMS
standard is used to increase interoperability.