[mapserver-users] FES 1.1.0 in mapfile

Michal Šrédl michal.sredl at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 09:22:06 EST 2011

Hi all,

I am trying to use Filter Encoding in mapfile. Here

http://mapserver.org/ogc/filter_encoding.html#filter-encoding

is an example given, which goes like this:

    "wfs_version"           "1.0.0"
    "wfs_filter"
"<PropertyIsGreaterThan><PropertyName>POPULATION</PropertyName>

<Literal>10000000</Literal></PropertyIsGreaterThan>"

with remark

"The filter given as a value of the wfs_filter metadata should not
contain <Filter> start and end tags."

However, I would like to use something like

"wfs_version" "1.1.0"
"wfs_filter" '<ogc:Filter
xmlns:ogc="http://www.opengis.net/ogc"><ogc:PropertyIsEqualTo><ogc:PropertyName>SLT</ogc:PropertyName><ogc:Literal>1A</ogc:Literal></ogc:PropertyIsEqualTo></ogc:Filter>'

Two questions arise:

- Is wfs(fes) version 1.1.0 supported?

- How am I expected to specify the namespaces, if start and end
<Filter> tags should be omitted?

FYI, direct request

http://localhost//cgi-bin/ows?REQUEST=GetFeature&VERSION=1.1.0&SERVICE=WFS&TYPENAME=typ&FILTER=<ogc:Filter
xmlns:ogc="http://www.opengis.net/ogc"><ogc:PropertyIsEqualTo><ogc:PropertyName>SLT</ogc:PropertyName><ogc:Literal>1A</ogc:Literal></ogc:PropertyIsEqualTo></ogc:Filter>

works just nice, now I am trying to automatically generate the mapfile
by dedicated python proxy using mapscript; the filter itself is
generated by OpenLayers in the javascript web client.

Thank you very much for your advice.

Michal