[mapserver-users] Configuring Mapserver in IIS - Anonymous Access?

daz4805 daz4805 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 15 05:19:57 EST 2011

Hi,

I have a Mapserver virtual directory in C:\inetpub\wwwroot and I am able to
generate a WMS layer through my site if the virtual directory in IIS has a
tick for Integrated Windows Authentication under the directory securty tab
in the properties.

If i try and configue this virtual directory to be Anonymous Access only, my
WMS layer does not get created. When I try and navigate to the URL that
would produce the WMS image, I get an error message regarding not being able
to open the ms_error.txt file under /Mapserver/tmp. Are there any specific
permissions i need to set?

I have tried searching online to see if i can find out how to configure this
and I've not been successful.

If somebody could give me a pointer, that would be fantastic.

Many thanks.