[mapserver-users] tiled geotiff map service for openlayers

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Fri Oct 14 08:21:53 EDT 2011

Hello,

My quick thoughts:

- execute gdalinfo (http://www.gdal.org/gdalinfo.html) on your tif file
- use the extents returned from gdalinfo in your EXTENT parameter in
your mapfile
- remove projection info from your mapfile
- make sure your UNITS in your mapfile match the extent value
- test your mapfile with the shp2img commandline utility
(http://www.mapserver.org/utilities/shp2img.html)

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna