[mapserver-users] gradient display of raster DEM data

Smith, Michael ERDC-CRREL-NH Michael.Smith at usace.army.mil
Mon Oct 17 15:05:22 EDT 2011

John,

I got a larger color range by using multiple classes

LAYER
  NAME "hillshade"
  TYPE raster
  TILEINDEX "/benchmarking/wms/2011/data/raster/DEM/bil_16int/dem_bil16int.shp"
  PROCESSING "CLOSE_CONNECTION=DEFER"
  PROJECTION
       "+init=epsg:4326"
  END
  CLASS
    STYLE
      COLORRANGE  46 154 88 251 255 128
      DATARANGE   1003 1800
    END
  END
  CLASS
    STYLE
      COLORRANGE  251 255 128 224 108 31
      DATARANGE   1800 2800
    END
  END
 CLASS
    STYLE
      COLORRANGE   224 108 31  200 55 55
      DATARANGE    2800 3500
    END
  END
  CLASS
    STYLE
      COLORRANGE  200 55 55  215 244 244
      DATARANGE   3500 4397
    END
  END
END

From: John Callahan <john.callahan at udel.edu<mailto:john.callahan at udel.edu>>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 14:54:13 -0400
To: "mapserver-users at lists.osgeo.org<mailto:mapserver-users at lists.osgeo.org>" <mapserver-users at lists.osgeo.org<mailto:mapserver-users at lists.osgeo.org>>
Subject: Re: [mapserver-users] gradient display of raster DEM data

Thanks for all your responses.  I have COLORRANGE / DATARANGE working fine in my map file. Works very well.  I'm also looking at using gdaldem for a more custom color scale.  Thanks again.

- John

John Callahan, Research Scientist
Delaware Geological Survey, University of Delaware