[mapserver-users] Re: Mapserver Projection Errors

SixDegrees paulcarlisle at comcast.net
Wed Oct 19 18:54:44 EDT 2011

I won't have access to the files for a couple of days, but the original post
contains most of the information needed to show the problem. The first
PROJECTION block is equivalent to epsg:4326; I believe if you create a
mapfile with two layers configured for WMS, one using

   PROJECTION
      "+proj=longlat +ellps=WGS84 +towgs84=0,0,0,0,0,0,0 +no_defs"
   END

and the other using

   PROJECTION
      "init=epsg:4326"
   END

you will see 1 error in the mapserver error log generated by the first case
when a GetCapabilities request is made, but none by the second.

I will send along an actual sample when I have access again.