AW: [mapserver-users] Mapserver Projection Errors

Eichner, Andreas - SID-NLKM Andreas.Eichner at sid.sachsen.de
Fri Oct 21 04:53:41 EDT 2011

> This is drifting away from Mapserver proper, but is there a
> way to tell
> where Mapserver/GDAL/Proj.4 are expecting to find their input files,
> particularly the epsg file?
You can try the PROJ_LIB directive on the MAP object to set the path to
the epsg database file:
  MAP
    PROJ_LIB "/usr/local/share/proj"
  END
If you are not sure if the file is used, try a "init=epsg:..." and
comment the corresponding line out of the epsg file. This triggers a
"not found" error. The library itself can be changed by using a
LD_PRELOAD/LD_LIBRARY_PATH setting.

> Or is there any sort of
> misconfiguration that
> might produce an error like this?

Can you provide a MAP file the causes the error? As long as we can not
reproduce it there will sadly be not much help to offer...