[mapserver-users] Re: Drawing different lengths of arrows

knasia knasia at poczta.fm
Mon Oct 24 13:44:53 EDT 2011

You were right, the first idea brought some results, but I have a problem
which I cannot solve.

I have splited my line using PostGIS and got a expected results from select.
Now, when I put it to mapserver it doesn't work as I wish

a)What I want to display is:
DATA 'geom_path FROM (SELECT line_substring( e.geom_path,
*(1-(e.veh_quantity)*7/(e.road_length))*, 1) as geom_path, e.veh_quantity as
quantity FROM edges   e  JOIN 	nodes n  ON EndPoint(e.geom_path)=n.coor
WHERE 	 e.node1_id=n.id  )  as subquery using unique id using srid=4326 '

and it doesn't work properly

b) When I put instead of (1-(e.veh_quantity)*7/(e.road_length)) some special
numbers which come from my select it works good. For example:
DATA 'geom_path FROM (SELECT line_substring( reverse(e.geom_path), *0.2*, 1)
as geom_path, e.veh_quantity as  quantity FROM edges   e  JOIN 	nodes n  ON
EndPoint(e.geom_path)=n.coor WHERE 	 e.node1_id=n.id  )  as subquery using
unique id using srid=4326 '

I have no idea how to solve it.