[mapserver-users] Sporadically "Cannot create OCI handlers"

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue Oct 25 08:13:29 EDT 2011

Make sure to verify your connection string (to any database) first
through an ogrinfo command, then once that returns properly focus on
your mapfile.

If I run into problems with the connection string/query in ogrinfo, then
I usually focus on the database, testing with psql (Postgres) or sqlplus
(Oracle) commandline utilities...then again once the connection/query is
established there then I move to ogrinfo, then to the mapfile (with
shp2img).

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna