[mapserver-users] showing certain classes selected via cgi

Puneet Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 09:56:22 EDT 2011

(I thought I had asked this question and received and answer, but can't find it now... maybe I just dreamed it and never did ask. Here goes...)

I have a map with a layer with 100s of classes. I want to send a class name via the URI, and get back a map of only that class. So, the following will return the map with all the classes

	http://server/map

and, the following will return the map with only foo and bar classes

	http://server/map?classes=foo,bar

The above URI pattern is just a suggestion. How can I achieve the above?

One thought comes is to split the layer with 100s of classes into 100s of layers each with one class.

In any case, what is the advised way forward?

--
Puneet Kishor