[mapserver-users] MapScript WMS request

Mr. Puneet Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 18:49:23 EDT 2011

I am trying to convert my MapScript program to a WMS responder. I create my $map where I set all the layers and classes and colors, etc, just like for a normal, non-WMS request that works perfectly correctly.

  my $map = undef;
  $map = mapObj(name => 'mymap') unless defined $map;

  my $req = new mapscript::OWSRequest();
  $req->setParameter( "SERVICE", "WMS" );
  $req->setParameter( "VERSION", "1.1.0" );
  $req->setParameter( "REQUEST", "GetCapabilities" );

  mapscript::msIO_installStdoutToBuffer();
  my $dispatch_out = $map->OWSDispatch( $req );
  printf "%s\n", mapscript::msIO_getStdoutBufferString();

Except, the above doesn't really do anything for me. I get nothing in my browser. Suggestions?

--
Puneet Kishor