[mapserver-users] querying in mode=tile

Mr. Puneet Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 15:35:04 EDT 2011

Now that I have mode=tile working with Google Maps API v3, I am on my way to implement querying like so

    0. Bind an infowindow.close() to a click event listener on the map
    1. Bind an infowindow.open() to a click event listener on the MapServer layer
    2. Fill the infowindow content with the result from an Ajax query to MapServer
    3. When the user clicks on the MapServer layer, the Ajax query is fired
    4. MapServer responds with the query result as a JSON object
    5. Fill the infowindow with the JSON result
    6. Close any already open infowindow via #0 above
    7. Open a new infowindow with the result

Is the general approach outlined above sound? Any pointers to existing code samples for the above?

Tia.