[mapserver-users] Rendering engine implemented on an iOS device

Ted Spradley tspradley at snoogems.com
Mon Sep 12 16:59:58 EDT 2011

Hi guys, it's been a while.

My iPhone Software Engineering class at Univ. Houston has us choosing
projects.  My group is considering a project that has a mapping component
with the requirement that the maps be available off line, so rendered by
software running on the device.  I only see posts concerning displaying
online maps in the archives.  Has anyone implemented Mapserver natively on
an iOS device?  Does anyone have any input on an open source engine like
Mapserver that has been implemented on iOS?

Many thanks.  All of you that contribute to this list inspired me to go back
to school and get a Comp. Science degree.  Almost finished!

Thanks again,
Ted S.

-----
Thank you,
Ted S

MapServer version 5.6.1 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP OUTPUT=SVG SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=AGG SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=ICONV SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER SUPPORTS=FASTCGI SUPPORTS=THREADS INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

Linux/Fedora7