[mapserver-users] querying in mode=tile

Steve Lime sdlime at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 17:23:48 EDT 2011

You can also bail on JSON and just return HTML from your template.
Here's a trivial example that uses GMap2 API and mode=tile for an
overlay layer and a straight mapserver point query for handling
clicks. The actual calls to the CGI are being proxied but it's
straight CGI. I look at the query result and if there's an error I
don't display the result. Watch with Firebug to see what's moving
between the client and server.

  http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/officerpatrolareas/index.html

Here's another one with GMap3 API that uses a mod-geocache tileset for
an overlay and straight MapServer 6.0 queries for handling a click
event tied to the map. I check for an error and if ok I redirect the
user to the contents of the template (in this case just a URL to a
PDF). Kind of a Google maps imagemap.

  http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/forestlegacy/hunting.html

Steve