[mapserver-users] Re: layer data sources more than one

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Tue Sep 13 09:00:23 EDT 2011

Hi,

I have an ogrtileindex layer like this
LAYER
  NAME "h_contours"
  TYPE LINE
  CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
  TILEINDEX "h_contour_idx.shp,0"

I am also getting an error 500 with a simple a WFS 1.0.0 request "...getfeature&typename=h_contours&maxfeatures=10"
However, if I use BBOX in the GetFeature GetFeature works and even very fast.
I would not be surprised if BBOX is needed for limiting the search. If there is no spatial filter given then OGR is perhaps going throught all the files behind a tileindex. In my case it is rather a hard work with all the height contours of the whole country. Anyway, the test with BBOX proves that our Mapserver does definitely support ogrtileindex with WFS GetFeature.

What do you mean with this
> Actually, I want the getfeature request could return feature
> info on several
> layers.

Do you want features through WFS of info about features through WMS GetFeatureInfo? If the latter, consider having a try with &QUERY_LAYERS=layer1,layer2,layer3

-Jukka Rahkonen-