[mapserver-users] passing values to mapfile

jjwang jaja0506 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 00:36:28 EDT 2011

Is there any way to pass values to mapfile from the query string without
using mapscript.
What I want is:
In my mapfile, I defined some classes, the expression is comparing an
attribute with a value. But the value is not predefined. It's defined at the
client side. So I want to know is there any way to pass a value from client
side into the mapfile.
for example:
CLASS
 EXPRESSION ([Area] > X)
END

I want this X to be a value comes from client side (JS-Openlayers).

Is this possible?

JJ